TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
There are no Training Package entry requirements for this qualification.
TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS
There are no TAFE NSW entry requirements for this qualification.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
There is no work placement requirement for this qualification.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Learning and writing skills at Australian Quality Framework Level 3 (AQF3) or above
- Meet the criteria of the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment tool
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- to provide general PPE: work boots, long sleeve shirt and long pants for practical assessment.
Work Placement is a requirement of this course. The workplace where the student completes their practical assessment must provide the following as per Performance Evidence requirements and Assessment Conditions:
* Chemical labels and SDS
* Chemical application and calibration equipment suitable for local industry or enterprises where the student might work. It is recommended this is powered application equipment.
* Chemical measuring and mixing equipment - measuring jugs, scales
* Vehicle for transporting chemicals which includes safety signage, first aid and safety/emergency equipment relevant to the chemicals being transported
* Equipment to handle, secure and protect chemical loads in vehicles
* Chemical PPE relevant to chemical preparation and application (checked against SDS) – typically a range of gloves to match SDS requirements, eye protection, aprons or overalls for mixing, respirator if required by an SDS, ear protection if relevant to application equipment
* Equipment/tools for measuring or ascertaining basic weather information (temperature, humidity and wind speed) – weather stations, phone/computer apps, electronic devices
* Manufacturers operation and maintenance instructions for equipment
* Specific workplace documents, including work instructions and procedures for chemical application, handling, storage and transport
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.