**TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS**
There are no Training Package entry requirements for this qualification.
**TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS**
To be eligible for this course, you need:
- A valid Working With Children Check
- A national police check
- To be adequately fit and flexible to be able to perform CPR on the floor
There are no licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements for this qualification.
Work placement is a central part of this course. It provides you with opportunities to refine your practical skills and gain authentic on-the-job experience.
You will attend a one-day workplace orientation, plus complete one of the following levels of mandatory work placement hours:
- 120 hours (15 days) of work placement - if you are already working in the industry
- 150 hours (20 days) of work placement - if you are new to the industry
TAFE NSW will arrange work placement for you. The decision on where you will be placed is guided through a nomination process of your preferred area and your personal circumstances.
If you are studying online, you are able to source your own placement, however TAFE NSW will support you through the process.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Enjoy working with people and independently
- Have patience and can relate easily to people
- Have good organisation and time management skills
If you need support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
**COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS**
There are no entry requirements for this course. For mandatory workplace requirements, see below.
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
* Access to a computer, printer and software programs.
* Reliable internet and email access.
* Access to an appropriate workplace.
* A valid Working with Children Check for work within NSW (or equivalent).
Work Placement is a requirement of this course. You will need to complete:
There are no minimum workplace hours required for this course, however to achieve competency you are required to complete a range of assessment tasks in the workplace throughout the qualification. You can either be working or volunteering in a community service, or you will need to find a suitable organisation to complete your work placement hours.
As TAFE Digital is a distance education provider, and there are no opportunities for simulated workplace situations, it is anticipated that work placement could take approximately 160 hours.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.