In this course you will be required to undertake a mandated 100 hours of work placement.
Work placement provides you with opportunities to refine your practical skills and gain on-the-job experience.
You may need to comply with some (or all) of the following requirements.
1. NSW Health
Before you start any clinical placement in a NSW Health facility, you will be required to:
- Meet NSW Health’s criminal record check requirements
- Sign the NSW Health Code of Conduct form and any other forms required by NSW Health
- Undertake occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against infectious diseases, and provide your Health care worker/Student vaccination record card
For specific information on NSW Health requirements, and access to the required forms, visit [FAQs for students](http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/student_clearance/pages/default.aspx)
2. Aged care work
Before you undertake any clinical placements in an aged care facility, you must [complete a Federal criminal record check](http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx)
3. Community and children’s services
Anyone in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) must have a current Working with Children Check in line with the Office of Children’s Guardian phase-in schedule and processes.
[Visit Office of Children’s Guardian for more information](http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check)
Generally, work placements will only occur:
- When there has been reasonable amount of student/teacher contact and they are satisfied you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties and,
- When your teacher is satisfied you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties
Visit [your rights and responsibilities](https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/rights-and-responsibilities/index.htm) for more information.