Sink your teeth into a fulfilling career as a dental assistant with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Contribute to the success of every area of the dental practice from assisting during dental procedures to cleaning and sterilising equipment, to key administration skills.
**LEARN NEW SKILLS**
Through theory and on the job experience, you will learn:
- How to maintain high standards in infection prevention and control
- How to processes reusable medical devices and equipment
- To prepare for and assist with oral healthcare procedures
- To assist with dental radiography
- Workplace health and safety
- First aid
**DEVELOP YOUR TALENT**
Become a multi-tasking guru and develop the qualities needed to get ahead:
- Collaborative team player
- Service oriented
- Great communicator
**ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS**
Your success in this course will provide you with:
- A First Aid certificate
- A nationally recognised dental assisting qualification
Career opportunities include:
- Dental assistant
- Dental nurse
- Dental assistant and receptionist
**GROW YOUR CAREER**
Go on to specialist skills with the Certificate IV in Dental Assisting:
- Oral Health Promotion
- General Anaesthesia and Conscious Sedation
Or, choose a non-clinical path with the Diploma in Practice Management.
The Community Services and Health industry employs approximately 1.7 million workers across Australia, making it the largest employing industry in the country.
The Dental Assistant workforce is on the skills list expecting to experience moderate job growth of 6.6% and reach a total number of 28,400 by 2023.
The demand for dental services is expected to continue rising into the future with dental assistants playing a key role in keeping dental procedures safe and of high quality.