**TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS**
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
**TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS**
There are no TAFE NSW entry requirements for this qualification.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
There is no work placement requirement for this qualification.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you are:
- Comfortable using a computer
- Able to research a range of topics and navigate public digital databases
- Already working in the industry as a trainee or looking forward to employment after the course
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
If you need support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- access to a garden in which to carry out a range of activities such as planting, pruning, weed treatment, pest & disease treatment; to undertake the assessments for this course.
- permission to take samples of soil and flora from the site; in order to evaluate, review and recommend strategies as part of learning and assessment tasks. This can be achieved either by working in the industry or by working in your own garden.
- to be self-directed and have good computer skills, research skills and writing skills. It would also be an advantage if the student has some direct horticultural industry experience.
- regular and reliable access to a computer with Internet access, as well as an email address.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.