At TAFE NSW we provide training that includes hands-on, practical experience. Work placement ensures you have the job ready skills to achieve competency in this course.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 36 service periods (shifts). Some of these service periods are scheduled as part of your course for observation and assessment of your progress.
The remaining service periods are undertaken through a TAFE NSW approved work placement, through paid work or a combination of both.
You will practice:
- Interacting positively with multiple customers, providing quality customer service
- Working with speed and efficiency to meet the operational needs of contemporary hospitality businesses
- Identifying issues and problems and participating in their resolution
- Working cooperatively as part of a team, and taking responsibility for service outcomes
TAFE NSW will work with you to secure an appropriate work placement where necessary.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Numeracy and literacy skills at a Year 10 high school level
- Good communication skills
Note: The NSW Liquor and Gaming regulations require you to be 18 years of age or older to obtain a competency card that allows you to serve or supply alcohol or work with gaming machines.
If you are under 18 years old, or if you need support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.