TAFE NSW offers the Certificate IV in Information Technology as either a traineeship or non-traineeship, so you can create career you want.
There are no entry requirements for non-trainees.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Be employed in the IT industry as this course is delivered in the workplace
- Have a signed traineeship contract
Thinking about a traineeship? Enquire today.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Good digital literacy skills
- A general understanding of computers
- Basic knowledge of using the internet
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- a current model computer running Windows 10 or Mac OSX.
- modern Internet browser.
- a smart phone or digital video so that you can video practical tasks for some units
- Internet connection (ADSL or NBN recommended).
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.