There are entry requirements for this qualification.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence that you are:
AMSA recommends being eligible for a Master 24 near coastal certificate, a student must:
* Be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date.
* Meet medical, eyesight and course requirements. It is students' responsibility to arrange their medical examinations and get the practitioner to provide a certificate or statement stating that you do not suffer any greater abnormality in colour vision than could be tested by the Ishihara Test.
* Students require swimming 50 metres and the requirement to stay afloat for 5 minutes without a lifejacket to complete some of the mandatory assessment with this qualification.
To be able to successfully complete this course, you will need:
* TAFE Digital recommends that you have reliable internet access.
* Ability to attend practical training and assessment sessions.
* Students must bring overalls, protective eyewear, and sun protection for practical sessions.
* For wet drills students also require clothes to get wet in (similar to work clothes, but no wet suits), a second set of clothes (to change into), a towel, sunscreen, and hat.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.