There are entry requirements for this qualification.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, AMSA recommends being eligible for a Master 24 near coastal certificate. You need to be able to provide evidence that you:
- are at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date
- meet medical, eyesight and course requirements. It is students’ responsibility to arrange their medical examinations and get the practitioner to provide a certificate or statement stating that you do not suffer any greater abnormality in colour vision than could be tested by the Ishihara Test.
- can swim 50 metres and stay afloat for 5 minutes without a lifejacket, to complete some of the mandatory assessments with this qualification
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- reliable internet access
- the ability to attend practical training and assessment sessions
- overalls, protective eyewear, and sun protection for practical sessions
- for wet drills: clothes to get wet in (similar to work clothes, but no wet suits), a second set of clothes (to change into), a towel, sunscreen, and hat
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.