There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence:
- There are no academic entry requirements to enrol into this TAFE qualification, though there are other requirements that you must satisfy in order to obtain the AMSA Certificate of Competency which will enable you to apply for work in the Maritime Industry.
Other requirements may include:
- be at least 16 years of age
- hold a current First Aid certificate
- satisfactory completion of an eyesight test and declaration of medical fitness.
See the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) website, Domestic Commercial Vessels - Seafarers and Qualifications information for details www.amsa.gov.au
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- to study and complete online assignments, attend supervised written exams and practical training and assessment sessions
- reliable Internet access
- ability to attend practical training and assessment sessions
- overalls, protective eyewear, and sun protection for practical sessions
- for wet drills students also require clothes to get wet in (similar to work clothes, but no wet suits), a second set of clothes (to change into), a towel, sunscreen, and hat
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.