Many TAFE courses have a compulsory work placement component to assist you to apply your learning in a practical environment and you may be required to comply with some (or all) of the following.
1. NSW HEALTH
Before you commence any clinical placements in NSW Health facilities, you will be required to
• Meet NSW Health’s - Criminal Record Check requirements;
• Sign the NSW Health Code of Conduct form and any other forms, as required by NSW Health;
• Undertake Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Infectious Diseases and provide your Health Care Worker/Student Vaccination Record Card.
For specific information regarding NSW Health’s requirements, and access to the required forms, it is recommended that you visit their FAQs for students at:
2. AGED CARE WORK - Before you undertake any clinical placements in Aged Care Facilities you will be required to undertake a Federal Criminal Record Check. Visit:
3. COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN’S SERVICES
Anyone in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) MUST have a current Working with Children Check (students/volunteers free) in line with the Office of Children’s Guardian phase-in schedule and processes. Visit:
4. STUDENT READINESS FOR WORK PLACEMENT
Generally work placements will only occur after there has been a reasonable amount of student/teacher contact and when the teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties. Your teacher can provide further information.
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES - For more information visit: https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/rights-and-responsibilities/index.htm