There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You can enrol in this course now.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Are able to communicate well
- Have customer service and interpersonal skills
If you need support preparing for study, contact us about your options.
Commonly known as the RSA, the Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol, is the mandatory training required to sell, serve or supply alcohol in NSW.
This is regulated by Liquor & Gaming NSW, who have approved TAFE NSW to deliver this training.
Once you complete your RSA training, you will receive an interim certificate. This certificate is valid for 90 days and allows you to work immediately.
To get your NSW RSA competency card:
- Present your interim certificate to a Service NSW centre and complete a 100 point identification check
- Service NSW will post your card to you. You should allow up to one month for its delivery
- Digital competency cards are available via the Service NSW app. Download the app from iTunes® or Google Play™ and follow the prompts
Recognition of NSW RSA competency in other jurisdictions
Responsible service of alcohol legislative and knowledge requirements differ across borders. Check with the relevant state authority to see if your NSW RSA competency is recognised.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence that you:
- do NOT hold a current RSA Photo Competency Card or,
- hold a card that has been expired for more than 28 days
Learners wanting to renew the RSA Competency Card please visit:
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- access to a computer, printer, software programs and Internet
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.