There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- to purchase the textbook: Supporting Education – 3rd Edition by Karen Kearns (ISBN: 9780170419642). RRP $95.00
- access to a computer and internet for some research activities and completion of assessments. You will require a reliable internet connection.
- hold a current NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencing the traineeship.
If you cannot obtain a WWCC you will be unable to acquire a traineeship position. The WWCC will be verified through the Office of the Children’s Guardian by TAFE NSW and stored on the student’s file.
- to have completed a National Police Check
- to be reasonably, physically fit to undertake the traineeship as the tasks and activities associated may involve manual lifting and other physical activities.
Work Placement is a requirement of this course. You will need to complete:
- a minimum of 100 hours supervised work placement within a school (K-12) environment, that caters for students with recognised additional needs. This will be well covered by the on-the-job component of your traineeship work in the school where you will be required to complete a range of assessment tasks in the workplace.
You will need to consider, in consultation with your workplace supervisor, how many hours will be required to complete the tasks and demonstrate the skills required.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.