There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- to purchase the textbook Supporting Education – 3rd Edition by Karen Kearns (ISBN: 9780170419642)
- access to a computer and internet, including a reliable Internet connection
- to be reasonably, physically fit to undertake the traineeship, as the tasks and activities associated may involve manual lifting and other physical activities
- a valid Working with Children Check for work within NSW
The WWCC is to be verified through the Office of the Children’s Guardian by TAFE NSW and stored on the student’s file.
Work Placement is a requirement of this course: You will need to complete:
- a minimum of 100 hours supervised work placement within a school (K-12) environment that caters for students with recognised additional needs.
You will be required to arrange your own work placement which will be completed progressively throughout the course.
You are required to complete a range of assessment tasks in the workplace. You will need to consider, in consultation with your supervisor, how many hours will be required to complete the tasks and skills required.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.