**TRAINING PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS**
There are no Training Package entry requirements for this qualification.
**TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS**
To enrol in this course, you will need to provide evidence of the following:
- National Police Check
- Signed consent from your parent or guardian if you are under 18 years old
- A valid Working with Children Check
**Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)**
All students will undertake an LLN Indicator tool before starting the course, to identify both strengths and skills gaps, so that we can determine any support needs. You will need LLN skills at Level 2 to achieve the course outcomes.
If you have difficulties with the literacy and numeracy requirements of the Certificate IV in the Education Support course, a number of options will be explained to you.
**Specific requirements for TAFE Digital students**
This course is offered online, however, you still need to attend the mandatory hours of work placement plus the eight hours of mandatory face-to-face training for First Aid.
When you apply for the course, TAFE NSW will get in touch to check your suitability and access to an approved workplace for assessment.
Before your enrolment you need to agree to one of the following options for completion of First Aid:
- Attend Strathfield campus for one of the arranged First aid training and assessment sessions
- Attend another TAFE NSW campus for a First aid training and assessment session - you must arrange this prior with your teacher
- If you are unable to attend a TAFE NSW campus, you will need to obtain your First Aid certificate with another provider. We will adjust your fee at enrolment or when you submit your certificate.
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
Work Placement is a requirement of this course. You will need to complete:
- a minimum of 100 hours supervised work placement within a school (K-12) environment that caters for students with recognised additional needs.
You will be required to arrange your own work placement which will be completed progressively throughout the course. You are required to complete a range of assessment tasks in the workplace. You will need to consider, in consultation with your supervisor, how many hours will be required to complete the tasks and skills required.
Student Readiness for Work Placement documents must be submitted before commencing work placement – they include:
- a Workplace Learning Agreement
- WHS Risk Assessment
- Student Code of Conduct
- a Workplace Notification form
Student eligibility for work placement:
Before commencement of work placement students will require:
- a completed National Police Check
- a valid Working with Children Check for work within NSW
- organisations that agree to offer work placement for students must also be provided with the student's WWCC.
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- to purchase the textbook Supporting Education – 3rd Edition by Karen Kearns (ISBN: 9780170419642).
- access to a computer and a reliable Internet connection
- to be reasonably, physically fit to undertake the traineeship, as the tasks and activities associated may involve manual lifting and other physical activities
- a valid Working with Children Check for work within NSW.
The WWCC is to be verified through the Office of the Children's Guardian by TAFE NSW and stored on the student's file.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.