There are no Training Package entry requirements for this course.
**TAFE NSW REQUIREMENTS**
To be eligible for this course you must:
Be able to undertake a compulsory work placement component of 120 hours to help you to apply your learning in a practical environment.
If you chose to studying online at TAFE Digital, you need to organize your own placement, however TAFE NSW will support you through the process.
- Have a current Working with Children Check. This is free for students. [Apply for your check]( https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check)
- Be adequately fit and flexible to carry out:
- Tasks associated with the work including manual lifting
- First aid responses including performing CPR while kneeling on the floor
**Important to know**
- Most students who enrol in this course are over 18 years of age. However, if you are under 18 years of age, you will need signed consent from your parents or guardians for certain written course agreements
- You may be required to provide evidence of vaccinations depending on the early childhood centre where you complete your work placement
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- access to a computer and internet for some research activities and completion of assessments. You will require a reliable internet connection.
- all students must hold a current NSW Working with Children Check (or equivalent for other states) prior to being approved for work placement.
- you need to be reasonably, physically fit to undertake the work placement as the tasks and activities associated may involve manual lifting and other physical activities. This course includes the required First Aid unit (HLTAID004) for those working in Early Childhood. The one (1) day practical assessment session for HLTAID004 will be completed onsite at TAFE Digital, Strathfield. If you are unable to attend at Strathfield you can enrol to do the First Aid unit with another NSW TAFE college and you will need to notify us so we can arrange payment for the course. The First Aid practical assessment requires students to be physically able to perform CPR on the floor for a period of six (6) minutes, in multiple scenarios.
Work Placement is a requirement of this course. You will need to complete:
- a minimum of 120hours work placement in an Australian regulated early education and care service.
- if the student's work placement is in a remote location, or an area without an available assessor, the student will be required to submit Video Evidence documenting their work placement performance.
- students will need to be physically able to lift and assist young children during physical care routines and manually handle furniture and equipment.
- during the 120 hours work placement there are specified elements of particular units which must be assessed. Student assessment during work placement consists of direct observation and written tasks which need to be submitted for marking at the completion of each placement, (feedback is given to the student during work placement on these tasks).
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.