There are no entry requirements for this qualification
Are there any additional entry requirements?
A number of courses may require prospective students to provide additional information such as documentation, an expression of interest, evidence that you are already employed as an apprentice, or preferred prior study (or equivalent).
To be enrolled in this course, you need to be able to provide evidence:
Before you can start a traineeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- access to computer,printer, software programs and reliable Internet.
Work Placement is a requirement of this couse. You will need to complete:
- a minimum of 100 hours of direct client contact work in a real workplace
- to attend three (3) mandatory 4-5 day block release, face to face learning and practical sessions in a simulated optical dispensing workplace that reflects industry best practice standards and activities.
The length of these are:
- Practical Block 1 and Practical Block 3 are both 4 days duration
- Practical Block 2 is 5 days in duration.
The simulated environment at TAFE includes undertaking practice with required resources/equipment, which replicate optical dispensing practice environments, and provides equipment and resources where possible. The simulated workshops are conducted at TAFE Digital’s optical dispensing training facility at the TAFE NSW Nepean campus. Please contact the Teaching Section for more information on course and work placement requirements on 131 601.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.