- Smart and Skilled
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s a lot to think about when funding further education. So here’s a handy Q&A of questions that might be on your mind.
|Does everyone in Australia qualify for the new Smart and Skilled Government subsidies?
No. It depends on a range of factors, including your background, location and age.
Take the eligibility test to see if you qualify or visit the WSI Smart and Skilled page for additional information.
- Smart & Skilled Information for students - Gain skills needed to get a job through the new government subsidised training program, starting 1 January 2015.
- NSW Skills List - A full list of all the qualifications eligible for government subsidies, under Smart and Skilled.
- VET Student Loans (replaces VET FEE-HELP) - If you’re looking to start further education but can't afford the upfront tuition fees, then VET Student Loans might be the answer.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) - Set up a USI, so you can keep all your training records and results together, in one online account. Access it wherever you study.
- Equity Support Services - Ensuring that everyone, from any background, has the opportunity to enrol in further education at TAFE Western Sydney.
- National Relay - Support for the deaf or hard of hearing, so further education is possible for everyone. You can contact us using the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677 provided by the Australian Communication Exchange.