TAFE DIGITAL (formerly OTEN, TAFE NSW) delivers courses online. Our students are located across Australia and we require high quality trained assessors to support and assess our students on work placement.
In this role as a casual offsite teacher you will be placed on our staff list to conduct workplace (WP) assessor visits for our students. When we have a student in your area, you will receive a phone call to discuss your availability to visit a particular student within a set time-frame.
If you are available to complete this assessment we will provide you with information about the student and ask you to:
Contact the centre and student to confirm a mutually agreed upon date for your assessor visit
Visit the student for 2 hours approximately towards the end of their work placement
- Complete a WP Summary, commenting on student’s demonstrated performance based on criteria provided.
- You will complete this based on observed performance, strategic questioning, student’s written work and supervisor feedback
- Upload the WP Summary to our online system for payment to be processed.
As our students attend work placement at varying times and in various locations, we are unable to guarantee regular 'Casual Workplace Assessor Visits'. We will however endeavour to use your services as often as possible and appreciate your availability on a casual basis.
As a workplace assessor, you must have:
- A diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education (Please note: A copy of the qualification Testamur and transcript will be required)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116). Please be advised as of 31 March 2019, all Assessors will be required to either have the TAE40116 or the TAE40110 plus will need to show evidence of completing the units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502A/B. (Please note: A copy of the qualification Testamur and transcript will be required)
- Current and relevant child care industry experience (minimum 5 years)
- Training or assessing experience
Rate of Pay
The current maximum rate of remuneration is $165.50 per visit. The travel distance and time are at your discretion.
How do I apply?
In order to be formally offered a role at TAFE Digital we first require you to complete these steps.
- Apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number. You can apply online for this check at https://www3.aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/pre-employment-screening-working-children-checks-and-p
If you are in NSW you can refer to the notes in the New Employee Starter Pack below for further information.
Once you have been issued with a Working with Children Check Clearance number, you will need to provide a copy of your confirmation letter to Children’s Services.
- You must print, complete and sign the attached forms:
- The forms within the New Employee Starter Pack
- Application for Offsite teacher form
- Teacher Qualification Checklist
- Copy of your WWCC confirmation letter
- Approval for Verification of Qualifications.
All qualifications and identification documents need to be certified by a Justice of the Peace as being copies of the original documents.
Post all the above completed forms and the WWCC clearance number to:
Offsite Teacher Application
TAFE Digital Children’s Services,
51 Wentworth Road
Strathfield NSW 2135
Once your documentation has been received it will be forwarded to our Human Resources section for processing. You will then be contacted via email once your clearance has been approved.
If you have any questions or require any additional clarification please contact:
- Shelley Heaney, WP Admin Officer, 02 9715 8784
- Belinda Rushbrook, R/Head Teacher Children’s Services, 02 9715 8817
- Lynette Hope, R/Head Teacher Children’s Services, 02 9715 8817
New Employee Starter Pack (PDF, 4,139KB)
Application for Offsite Teacher (for Assessor Visits) (DOCX, 39KB)
Teacher Qualification Checklist with TAE10 (DOCX, 48KB)
Approval for Verification of Qualifications (DOC, 221KB)