Why choose TVET as part of your HSC
It is very important to ensure you have as broad an education as possible. Enrolling in a TVET course offers this opportunity. You can complete the HSC as well as gain practical skills at the same time.
Achieving the HSC and part or all of a TAFE NSW certificate enables you to become more employable.
The benefits of studying a TVET course with OTEN:
- More course choices
- No classes
- Won’t clash with your timetable
- On-the-job training and experience
- May finish with a TAFE Certificate II, III or IV in some cases
- Use credits from your TVET course towards further TAFE courses after the HSC
- Develop skills that are valuable in helping you find employment.
TVET Student - Elise, Chrisadelphian Heritage College, Sydney
"I loved the challenge I got from studying Tourism through OTEN, learning to motivate myself and work independently. All the OTEN teachers were amazing; they were always available and helped me whenever I needed it."