- Support for Students
Support for Students
TVET Support Services
We recognise that when a student studies any TVET course by distance education, they may need support. At OTEN TAFE DIGITAL we are committed to helping the student achieve their goals. We want to give each student every opportunity to successfully complete their TVET course as part of their HSC.
That is why we guarantee that:
- we will process your application within 48 hours of receiving it. This will automatically trigger the dispatch of the learning materials or access to online material.
- the student will be allocated a supervising TVET teacher their course. This teacher is a specialist in the industry area of the student's course. They are also specialist distance education teachers.
- a supervisor at the home school will liaise between the student and their supervising OTEN TAFE DIGITAL TVET teacher.
- the student's progress will be closely monitored throughout the course by their OTEN TAFE DIGITAL TVET teacher.
- on enrolment the student you will receive, within a week of enrolling:
- a phone call and / or email
- a welcome letter
- an assessment schedule
- additional support material
- a set of reply paid envelopes for assessments, from the supervising TVET teacher
- the student (if attending a government high school) will receive at least one visit in each year of their study from the supervising TVET teacher.
- the student will have access to online support. The Online Learning Support (OLS) website is available to all enrolled students. There is also phone and email support from their supervising TVET teacher.
Supervision of OTEN TAFE DIGITAL TVET Students
We aim to help ensure that you are given the level of help and support that you may need to complete your TVET course. Your TVET teacher and your school supervisor are important partners in helping you complete your TVET course.
Support at Home
What can parents/caregivers do to support OTEN TVET students?
Download the document below to view some hints and techniques [PDF] that parents / caregivers can use to support TVET students
Helping an OTEN TVET Student (PDF, 85KB)
Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.