- Uni via TAFE OTEN
About Uni Via TAFE OTEN
Uni via TAFE OTEN provides learners with the opportunity to gain practical job skills and nationally recognised qualifications before going to Uni. This will not only fast forward the learners ability to graduate and enter the workforce sooner but ensures they gain access to more career opportunities with greater earning potential.
More than one way to get into Uni
Uni Via TAFE OTEN is available in various schemes where a learner is able to enter Uni by completing one of the following pathways:
- Pre-uni courses - These are OTEN courses which provide successful learners with a academic credits which can be applied to subjects undertaken at University.
- TAFE Degree Programs - Designed together with our partner Universities, these degree programs provide successful learners to transition into a University degree. In addition at the end of the program learners gain a qualification which can be used to enter the workforce in that field.
Why you should study Uni via TAFE OTEN
Higher learning can lead to higher earning: graduates can earn up to 75%* more than school leavers and have more career opportunities. Uni via TAFE OTEN offers learners the opportunity to learn practical, career oriented skills with the added benefit of:
- practical training that will enhance your employability
- earn academic credits towards your university degree
- gain academic skills to enable you to excel at Uni
*Australian Government, Department of Education, The facts about higher education, 6 February 2015.
Benefits of Uni Via TAFE OTEN
Besides providing a pathway into Uni, our courses and programs result in positive outcomes for learners because:
- Courses focus on applied rather than abstract skills
- Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure currency and relevance
- Smaller class sizes instead of large university lecture halls
- Caring and friendly staff
- Practical, student-focused teaching strategies
- Seamless pathways between vocational and higher education TAFE NSW qualifications.
HSC & Tertiary Preparation
The majority of the Pre-uni courses and TAFE Degree Programs require learners to have attained their Higher School Certificate (HSC). If you did not complete your schooling, for whatever reason, you can still achieve your study goals by completing our HSC or Tertiary Preparation studies through OTEN.
HSC & Tertiary Preparation: read more
Our University Partners
TAFE Western Sydney and OTEN have a number of partnerships with University around Australia. This ensure we are able to provide our learners with access to the very best degree and graduate programs.
Here is a list of our current University partners:
Stay tuned to this page as our list of University partners is growing.
For a full list of TAFE Degree Programs
Click Here to view all courses and program available.
Pre-uni course list
Please see below for a list of available courses