- Getting Started
Why enrol with OTEN?
Enjoy the advantages of studying with OTEN:
- You can enrol with OTEN anytime throughout the year.
- Study when it suits you. This enables you to fit studying around the demands of work, family and other commitments.
- You can choose from a range of nationally recognised courses.
- Fast track your studies and save time. The skills you have gained from school, formal and informal training, employment and work experience can be assessed for credit against the units in the course you enrol in. Check out the Credit Pathways.
- OTEN offers you course and careers advice, counselling guidance and tutorial assistance including access to Online Learning Support (OLS) on the OTEN website.
How to study successfully by distance
Studying by distance with OTEN offers you greater flexibility however it also requires greater discipline and self-motivation.
You need to decide when it suits you best to study and develop your own weekly study plan. Generally there are no assessment deadlines so it is your responsibility to submit your assessments on a regular basis so that you progress through your course and successfully complete it.
To be successful you need to:
How to study successfully by distance: read more
Choose the course that best suits your needs
With a wide range of courses to choose from, there are several things you need to do to ensure you are applying for the right course for you:
- Visit the course information page in which you are interested. It is important you understand what is required from you to successfully study the course.
- Some courses have defined entry requirements which you need to be meet enrolment. If you have the equivalent skills and knowledge to the entry requirements these may be considered.
- You may also like to visit Your Decision on this website or take a Career Voyage.
- OTEN Counselling and Career Development can also help with courses and provide advice on career choice.