Recognition of Overseas Qualifications - TAFE Digital Skip to content Skip to page navigation

Getting Started

Getting Started

Recognition of Overseas Qualifications

Qualifications gained overseas may be recognised by TAFE NSW and may qualify you for credit for up to 100% of a TAFE NSW qualification. Please note: if you are on a student visa there may be implications for the status of your visa.

If the documents you are providing as evidence are in a language other than English, you will need to arrange to have these documents translated into English. Your English translated documents must be certified*.

*Certified means you need to have your original documents sighted and a copy signed by;

  • a TAFE NSW teacher
  • a Course Information Officer at TAFE Digital
  • a TAFE NSW staff member
  • a Justice of the Peace (JP)
  • an Officer of the Court.
  • The original signed copy must be provided to TAFE Digital. Faxed or scanned copies of certified documents are not acceptable.

You will need to have your documents translated into English, if required by an accredited interpreter service before submitting your application to TAFE Digital. A fee applies for this service.

Recommended interpreter services:

If your name is different from that on the evidence you plan to submit, please provide a certified change of name document, eg Marriage Certificate with your application.

Many organisations assess overseas qualifications in Australia. Further information can be found at the Australian Government Department of Education and Training Qualifications Recognition page (fees may apply).


ABN 89 755 348 137 | RTO Code 90003

Contact by Training Services NSW:
If your course has been funded by Training Services NSW under Smart and Skilled, you may be contacted by a Training Services NSW representative to discuss your experience at TAFE Digital.