OTEN is committed to providing high quality service and support to people with disability.
The Disability Support Unit at OTEN has Teacher Consultants for students who:
What support is available?
The OTEN Disability Support Service can assist you with your studies and put in place the support you need for a successful outcome in your course.
Teacher Consultants can help meet your study needs with:
- enrolment course and advice
- assistance with learning materials
- strategies for study and time management
- individualised course assistance.
Support is available for your exams and assessments. Exam and assessment adjustments may include:
- disability provisions for exams
- extra time
- rest breaks
- a reader or writer
- an Auslan interpreter
- other adjustments.
Fee exemptions or concessions
The OTEN Disability Support Service may be able to lend you:
- some specialised software programs such as text to speech or voice recognition software
- adaptive devices to assist you to access your learning environment
- course materials provided in a range of formats.
Who are the Disability Teacher/Consultants?
- Vladimir Pavlovic - Blind and Visually Impaired
- Kerri Stefas - Deaf and Hearing Impaired
- Catherine Tancred - Intellectual and Learning Disabilities
- Kim Rowles - Neurological / Acquired Brain Injury
- David King - Physical / Spinal / Adaptive Technology
- Jeanette Caruso - Psychiatric / Mental Illness
- Katrina Fish - Physical and Chronic Illness
Phone: 1300 362 890 or (02) 9715 8601
TTY: (02) 9715 8609
Disclosing your disability
There are benefits to doing so. These include access to Disability Support services and appropriate adjustments to assist you to be successful with your studies.